Which level of Government?

In Australia, there are three levels of government – Local, State and Federal. Each level of government is responsible for delivering specific services to the community. If you’re unsure which level of government is responsible for addressing any issue you have, please contact my office and they can direct you to the right place.

Federal Government

Federal Government responsibilities include: disability (NDIS), veterans affairs, immigration, telecommunications, aged care, national highway, Centrelink, taxation, trade, Medicare,
foreign affairs, aviation and shipping, higher education, child support and defence.

If your concerns relate to one of these issues, you should contact your federal member. If you live in the Murray Electorate your federal member is The Hon. Sussan Ley MP.

Sussan can be contacted using the following details:

The Hon. Sussan Ley MP 
Federal Member for Farrer
Phone: (02) 6021 3264
Fax: (02) 6021 6620
Written contact:

You can also write directly to other federal ministers. Please click on this link to find a full list of federal ministers. Click on the relevant Minister's name to find contact details:

Local Government

Local Government responsibilities include: local road maintenance, garbage collection, building regulations and land subdivisions, public health and recreation facilities such as swimming pools.

It’s best to contact your local Council directly if you have a problem that falls into these areas of responsibility.

State Government

State Government responsibilities include: justice, consumer affairs, health, education, forestry, public transport, main roads.

If your problem falls into one of the categories above I may be able to help by seeking information and making representations to the relevant Minister.

Please contact my office for assistance.

If you'd like the contact the Minister directly, please go this page, click on the relevant Minister and message them: